I am excited to introduce to you our guest this week award winning director, writer, choreographer, and the executive producer of TEDx Lincoln Square, Tricia Brouk.
Tricia is a “performance expert” where she helps others tell their stories whether that is from a stage or the big screen. She believes that speaking is something that we all can learn. She has a passion for fusing together principles from the entertainment industry and tactics from public speaking to help speakers become more engaging and confident.
In this episode, we discuss how she got started in speaking and her journey in becoming a TEDx organizer. We explore several powerful topics including how to overcome failure, how to effectively look to others for inspiration, and her five tips on how to get started in speaking.
Tricia’s mission is to “nurture the the potential speaker” in you. She believes that we all have a message to give. This episode will empower you to use your authentic voice and confidently share your message.
Questions I Asked Tricia:
- How do you know what is too much to share or not enough?
- How do you overcome the fear of speaking?
- How do you “get a feel” for the audience so that you know who you are speaking to?
- How you can overcome your nervousness
- How to make a scripted speech sound conversational
- How to handle critics
Quotes from the show:
- “When you have an important message to share with the world, you must find a way to share it” @TriciaBrouk
- “One person in the world can be potentially be changed if you share your story” @TriciaBrouk
- “I see them walk onto the stage as one person, and walk off as another” @TriciaBrouk
- “It’s not about you. It’s about the message.” @TriciaBrouk
- “Don’t stand back in fear but step out into your greatness” @LindaMitchell
- “It’s not just about what you are going to get it’s about what you want to give” @LindaMitchell
- “Be who you are not who you think everyone else wants you to be.” @TriciaBrouk
How you can stay in touch with Tricia:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
Join the SWEAT Project Survivor Challenge
Click here to receive free access to Linda’s accountability group, free videos, and more!
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!