This week I sat down with Stacy Berman to talk about how our body image affects every aspect of our lives. Stacy is the founder of Systems by Stacy, a luxury line of organic whey powders. She holds her doctorate in natural medicine and has over twenty years of experience in the health and fitness industry.
Stacy has spent years researching the science behind how our thoughts affect the way we feel. She says that we have been “indoctrinated” to believe that our worth is based on our looks. She teaches us how we can overcome harmful self-perceptions and replace negative thoughts with self-love.
We dive in deep, discussing how our thoughts affect us on a biochemical level, the role of epigenetics, and the power of our subconscious mind. This is a fascinating episode that will empower you to take control of your thoughts and create for yourself once and for all a healthy body image.
Questions I Asked Stacy:
- How can women shift their self-image after their physical bodies have changed?
- What are ways we can create more self-love?
- Will you talk to us about the connection between mind, body, and spirit?
- How we sabotage ourselves to stay in our comfort zone
- How to find the origins of your fear
- How negative thoughts can affect your metabolism
Quotes from the show:
- “Put yourself in an uncomfortable situation. The fear will melt away.” @Linda Mitchell
- “You should always love yourself. But that doesn’t mean you should be complacent.” @TheSystemByStacy
- “Love yourself and use that as a platform to jump off of.” @TheSystemByStacy
- “Define your own self.” @TheSystemByStacy
How you can stay in touch with Stacy:
How you can stay in touch with Linda:
"Proud Sponsors of the Sisterhood of S.W.E.A.T"
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!