I am excited to introduce to you our guest this week, best-selling author, radio host, and weight loss expert, Dr. Lori Shemek.
In this episode, Dr. Shemek talks to us about the role of inflammation in illness and weight gain. She discusses with us the dangers of the “calorie myth” and the “low fat myth” and why it is important for us to be consuming sources of healthy fats.
We also discuss the importance of omega 3, the best sources of protein, and how we can appropriately gain muscle while losing body fat.
This is an educational episode for those who want to better understand weight loss and regain control over their diet.
Questions I Asked Dr. Shemek:
- What is the underlying cause of weight gain?
- What are some indicators of silent inflammation?
- What are foods that we think are healthy, but are not?
- Foods that shrink fat cells
- Ways to decrease inflammation
- Sources of omega 6 that need to be eliminated from our diet
Quotes from the show:
- “Eliminating sugar from your diet is the best thing you can do” @LoriShemeK
- “You can live a healthy, optimized life as an older person” @LoriShemeK
- “Always listen to your body” @LoriShemeK
My daily energy stems from mushrooms... mushroom coffee that is!
- Have you checked out Four Sigmatic yet? If you want a coffee that contains superfoods and adaptogens like rhodiola, eleuthero, and schisandra to help you live a healthier, more enhanced life, then you need Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee in your daily routine! Check out their products here and be sure to let me know what you think of it!