Best-selling author of Women, Food & Desire, co-creator and co-star of the Oscar-nominated documentary Super-Size Me, and highly-sought-after wellness expert for thousands, Alexandra Jamieson has made it her mission to empower women to create epic lives–by honoring their cravings and kicking body shame to the curb.
You guys are going to LOVE this episode with our guest Alexandra Jamieson. You might know her from her appearance on Oprah talking about her TV series, “30 Days”. Jamieson has a power message about our relationship with food and how she is helping women everywhere discover the deeper truths and meaning behind their cravings. She dives in deep to her personal story where she faced tremendous backlash over publically making an announcement that shocked her community. We discuss everything from shaming and sexuality to the importance of living authentically.
She also reveals the four causes of cravings and the importance of listening to what your body is saying to you. She presents the idea that our body is speaking to us but too often we are not listening.
If you struggle with cravings feeling out of control or if you have questions about your emotions and wonder how your diet is affecting them, you will love today's episode.
Follow Linda on Social Media @ Chickfitstudio
Here’s just a few of the many pointers Alex shared:
How to stop shrinking and start stepping fully into our personal power
- It's not something we can do alone.
- The importance of investing in the right relationships
- Pay attention to authenticity
- It’s never easy to let go of people or a certain way of living, but the more you do it the easier it gets. You develop grit and resilience. It’s a muscle that you can strengthen.
The 4 root causes of cravings:
- On a biochemical level, we are as much bacterial as we are human.
- . Your body craves what it needs. Look at your cravings in more of a curious way.
- . This gets shut out of dietary theory which is a shame. We are emotional creatures.
- . Sex and food. Vitamin P is the thing that we are all lacking. Play and pleasure.
How women can build a support system?
- In-person events.
- Ask, “Who lights you up? Who are you attracted to?”
- Ask yourself, “How did you make friends when you were a kid?”
- Be intentional about putting yourself around the right people.
- Take a leap if you feel drawn to something. Other people like you will be there too.
- Resource: Two summer camps for adults: Good Life Camp and Soul Camp.
Don’t delay and listen now to start putting you and your body as a priority.
“It’s not just about what we eat it’s about how we feel about ourselves, how we treat ourselves.”- Alexandra Jamieson
Alex is the creator of Her Rules Radio, a #1 rated podcast on iTunes where listeners from around the world are educated and captivated by thought-provoking interviews on wellness, cravings, sexuality, and more.
Her work has been praised and adored by Oprah, The Today Show, Dr. Oz, Goop, Martha Stewart Living, the New York Times, CNN, Fox News, Elle, Marie Claire, USA Today, People, and the American Heart Association amongst many others.
As a lifelong learner, her wellness expertise has grown out of a decade of experience, as well as her education at the Natural Gourmet Institute, the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, and a certification in Applied Positive Psychology.
Here’s how to stay in touch with Alex: