Ross Pelton is the Natural Pharmacist. He received his BS degree in pharmacy from the U. of Wisconsin. He also has a Ph.D. in psychology and is a Certified Clinical Nutritionist (CCN). In October 1999, Ross was named as one to the Top 50 Most Influential Pharmacists in America by American Druggist magazine for his work in natural medicine. He is the author of ten books and numerous online health seminars. Ross is currently the Scientific Director for Essential Formulas. The link to his blog and personal WEB site is: naturalpharmacist.net.
What we discussed in this episode:
- Dr. Ross discusses his recommendation for daily supplements.
- The liver is the organ of detoxification
- Telomeres protect your chromozones and DNA.
- Telomere length represents our biological age as opposed to our chronological age.
- The higher your glutathione levels the slower the shortening of your telomeres.
- Elevating glutathione levels is great for anti-aging and detoxification.
- The supplement of RegActiv helps to elevate glutithione and detoxify the liver..
- Your diet is critical to your health.
- Know what your eating. Is it loaded with GMO's?
- Make sure your meat is pasture raised and pasture finished, otherwise you may be eating meat that has GMO's, because they were fed corn at the end. Eighty eight percent of our corn is genetically modified.
- Dr. Ross recommended reading "The Plant Paradox'
- If you have bodyfat, you can count on the fact that you have inflammation.
- The number one thing for healthy aging is maintaining your muscle mass to prevent sarcopenia.
- Reduce inflammation with Omega 3's, increasing your muscle mass,
- A vitamin D defienciency can upset your sleep cycle
- Test your fasting blood sugar to know where you fall individually on with your blood sugar levels. Test your blood sugar also to test your reaction to various carbohydrates.
- Gerson Therapies for cancer and accelerating detoxification.
- Tips to stay healthy and why you should cut out sugar at the holidays.