Spokesperson and author of Savvy Secrets: Eat, Think & Thrive, Lisa share’s her seven-step’s toward optimal health.
Lisa loves healing the healer. Regardless of the label (i.e. cancer, autoimmune, cardiovascular or gastrointestinal disease, mental/cognitive difficulties, infertility, hyperactivity, insomnia or fatigue) Lisa utilizes functional medicine, self-love therapies, and her seven-step process to uncover hidden stressors. Clients rediscover their innate ability to heal from within.
On this podcast we are talked about Lisa's book Savvy Secrets, Eat, Think and Thrive as well as her Seven Steps to Optimal Health.
- What it takes for transformational change (courage and commitment) and how each one of us are unique, requiring a personalized plan.
- what Lisa learned since writing her book
- Lisa gives a sneak preview into her upcoming workshop titled, "Holy Hormones!"
- Stress hormones affect our sex hormones which affect our metabolic hormones. They all live together in a "hormone soup."
- Stress affects our libido which causes us to hold onto fat, which creates inflammation in the body, which leads to chronic disease. To live our wildest sexiest lives, we need to do the first step in Lisa's Seven Steps to Optimal Health. The first step is to BEGIN; take an honest personal assessment and make a commitment to self.
- How juicing and eating the raw vegan diet detoxes the system
- How to do a personal assessment and a guide to the different types of testing is out there.
- The importance of prioritizing your own self-care.
- Tips to lower cortisol.
- We are either in a sympathetic or a parasympathetic state (Fright or Flight) Rest and repair, rest and digest, or mate and ovulate.
- We all live in a hormone soup.
- Stress raises insulin and cortisol
- Your body doesn't know the difference between being chased by a wild animal or job stress.
- What metabolic stress looks like.
Healing the gut
Lisa is also Founder of The Wellness Inspired Network and Carpe Diem Wellness. Lisa is a Registered Yoga Teacher, a retired Registered Nurse, Certified Health Coach and Functional Diagnostic Nutrition and Functional Medicine Practitioner. Certifications include 200 hour Vinyasa training, 300 hours in therapeutic yoga from Beloved Yoga Studio, Let Your Yoga Dance from Kripalu and Laughter Yoga. When Lisa is not coaching or speaking, you can find her joyfully practicing yoga and Carpe Diem Dance, bringing together all the tools of yoga to her clients. She is the mother of 4 adult children and grandmother.