Tosca Reno is a New York Times best selling author, founder of the Eat-Clean Diet® health revolution, health and wellness expert, transformation coach, motivational speaker, Star of a Gemini Award Winning reality TV show, physique competitor, and mother of 4.
Reno started her career at an age when most would consider retiring, earning her first Oxygen cover at 43, after losing 84 pounds and healing herself. She has competed in numerous physique contests and endurance events.
The founder of the Eat Clean® series that kicked off a food revolution by the same name, Reno has sold millions of copies in several languages. She has helped millions lose weight and become well, thanks to Eating Clean®. Once 204 pounds and officially obese, Reno has maintained this using the Eat Clean Diet® method.
Reno is best seen live, where she rivets the audience with her gut-wrenching authenticity. She loves life, and is a tenacious woman who has endured intense personal loss including the passing of her son, her husband, and ultimately the family business and home. Reno is a force.
Reno is an expert health and wellness advisor for Canfitpro where she speaks, lectures and conducts wellness seminars and online education programs.
What we talked about in this episode:
- How Tosca and Robert Kennedy wrote and founded "The Eat Clean Diet"
- One of the principle of eating clean is nourishing yourself.
- Why you shouldn't be afraid of having fat in your diet.
- What a day looks like on "The Clean Eating Diet".
- Tosca tells us how she went from 85 pounds overweight to cover model in her 40's.
- To make significant changes you must take action.
- Taking action requires you to find the spark within you that lights you up.
- Tosca shows up raw and real and doesn't not wait for things to be perfect to show up for life.
- Eating flowers are actually extremely healthy for you.
- Eating raw and healthy nourishes your gut microbiome.
- How to make Kiefer and why it's healthy.
- Why its important to take a probiotic that have many different strains.
- How your gut health effects your hormonal, brain, and overall health.
- Two Thirds of the population are wandering around constipated.
- How Tosca left an unhappy marriage of seventeen years, met and married Robert Kennedy and completely changed her life.
- When you make a decision to step into your truth unapologetically, things just start happening.
- Tosca's defining moment was when she walked a flight of stairs and she was so overweight and unwell she couldn't make it up the stairs without her heart slamming in her chest to say good night to her girls
- How to come back when you lose everything.
- What you still have left after great loss.
- Tosca said her self-care habits really helped her through tough times but,she had to stop and grieve and learn to take care of her emotional health.
- Tosca focuses on the three pillars of wellness: eating, exercising, and the emotions.
- What Arnold Scwarzeneggar is like and how he motivated and gave Tosca a little coaching for her first show after Robert died.
- How to cope and recover from severe loss.
- You recover one little step at a time and by owning what has happened to you,
- Give yourself space to feel and breathe.
- Unhook from perfection and find the gift in your struggle.