Andrea Beaman is a Natural Foods Chef, health educator, thyroid expert, holistic health coach and herbalist, dedicated to alternative healing, and sustainable eating and living.
Andrea was a featured contestant on Bravo’s Top Chef. She is a regularly featured expert on CBS News, and hosted the Award Nominated, Fed UP! A cooking show that educates viewers how to cook for, and cure, their bodily ailments.
Andrea is recognized as one of the top 100 Most Influential People in Health and Fitness, received the Award For Excellence in Health Supportive Food Education from the Natural Gourmet Institute for Food and Health, as well the Health Leadership Award from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
As a keynote speaker and teacher, Andrea inspires audiences to take action on their health. She teaches engaging cooking demos and health programs to students and clients through live conferences, schools, and online programs, reaching vast audiences around the world.
Andrea is the author of The Whole Truth – How I Naturally Reclaimed My Health, and You Can Too! and The Eating and Recipe Guide – Better Food, Better Health, and Health is Wealth – Make a Delicious Investment in You! And, Happy Healthy Thyroid – The Essential Steps to Healing Naturally! Andrea makes learning about better health, good food, and sustainable living, a fun experience for everyone.
Besides being a wealth of knowledge, Andrea has a dynamic personality that really draws you in. In fact, I could listen to her all day.
What we discussed on this very enlightening interview:
- Gut health and ridding yourself of candida overgrowth
- Your gut is the second brain and responsible for a huge amount of your serotonin and neurotransmitter production.
- Probiotic and Prebiotic use.
- The importance of detoxing the liver.
- Eat carrots not crap.
- Reading labels and staying informed.
- A simple way to eat despite consumer confusion.
- Natural healing with alternative medicine.
- Eat what nature made, not what is man made.
- Seasonal eating and acclimating too what is available in your environment.
- Natural remedies to keep yourself free of parasites.
- Sushi and salad bar and what to look for when eating it.
- Burping too much could be a sign of liver congestion.
- Lower cortisol and boost adrenals by slowing down and having more down time.