Cindy is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and founder of Unlock Better Health. She is deeply passionate about inspiring her clients to reach their ideal weight, increase their energy, and live a healthy balanced lifestyle while juggling their career and personal life.
Her articles have been featured in Fitlife.tv, Take Back Your Health, and Curejoy.com. She's been featured in Woman’s World, Fitness Magazine and First for Women. She's the author of Unprocessed Living and the upcoming book, 52 Keys to Unlock Better Health. To find out more, visit her website at www.UnlockBetterHealth.com.
Instagram: @Unlock Better Health
What we discussed in this episode:
- Cindy's work as a health coach in Dr. Daniel Amen's office.
- The brain is the only organ that we diagnose without looking at it.
- Brain Scans and alcohol.
- How reading labels and knowing what to look for can change your health.
- When reading labels, skip the fancy marketing on the front, do the flip and read the ingredients on the back.
- How Cindy went from being 50 pounds overweight, diagnosed with Hashimoto's,high cholesterol, and on 4 medications at 40 to being the complete picture of health at 50.
- Reversing disease and getting rid of toxins.
- What type of cleaning products, lotions, aerosols, and plastics to use or stay away from.
- How to detox and support your detoxification pathways.
- The problems with using all types of plastics, including BPA free and what to use instead.
- Reverse osmosis process for water purification.
- Products can claim to have no trans-fat, if there is less then a 1/2 gram per serving.
- Why to stay away from artificial sweeteners.
- If your food says it's free of something it is probably full of something you don't want.
- The recipe for Cindy's warm smoothie.
- Intermittent Fasting and it's benefits.