Follow Linda on Social Media @ Chickfitstudio on Facebook Instagram and Twitter and my website is www.chickfit.me
Ross Pelton, R.Ph., Ph.D., CNN, graduated from the University of Wisconsin in 1966 with a degree in pharmacy and in 1984 he received his Ph.D. in Psychology and Holistic Health from the University for Humanistic Studies in San Diego, California. He is also a Certified Clinical Nutritionist (CCN) through the International and American Association of Clinical Nutritionists (IAACN). Ross is currently the Scientific Director for Essential Formulas based in Dallas, TX.
Ross has written two books drug-induced nutrient depletions an is the world’s leading authority on this topic. In October 1999, Ross was named as one to the Top 50 Most Influential Pharmacists in America by American Druggist magazine for his work in natural medicine. From 1988 to 1994, Ross was the Hospital Administrator at Hospital Santa Monica in Baja, Mexico, which specialized in alternative, non-toxic cancer therapies.
Ross is the author of ten books:
- Mind Food & Smart Pills (Doubleday, 1988)
- Alternatives in Cancer Therapy (Simon & Schuster, 1994)
- How To Prevent Breast Cancer (Simon & Schuster, 1995)
- The Drug-Induced Nutrient Depletion Handbook (Lexi-Comp, 1999)
- The Nutritional Cost of Prescription Drugs (Morton Publishing, 2000)
- The Natural Therapeutics Pocket Guide (Lexi-Comp, 2000)
- The Nutritional Cost of Drugs, 2nd Edition (Lexi-Comp, 2001)
- Natural Therapies to Prevent and Treat Swine Flu (eBook 2010)
- Let’s Have Healthy Kids (eBook 2010)
- The Pill Problem (2013)
Ross’ online educational seminars include:
- Natural Therapies for Depression & Anxiety
- Natural Therapies for ADD & ADHD
- Natural Therapies to Lower Cholesterol & Reduce Cardiovascular Risks
What we talked about in this episode:
- Natural alternatives for depression.
- Natural alternatives for anxiety.
- L-Theanine is effective at calming anxiety and helping with sleep troubles that can come when you have an overactive mind.
- The importance of good quality sleep.
- Natural nutritional therapies for depression.
- Oral contraceptives deplete more nutrients from women's body than any other commonly prescribed drug.
- Benefits of yoga for health and stress relief.
- The number #1 thing for healthy aging is maintaining your muscle mass.
- Exercise is a positive addiction.
- Dr. Ross recommended this book- "Biomarkers" 10 determinants of aging you can control by William Evans and Irwin Rosenburg.
- Microbiome's importance to health
- The best probiotic to take and why.
- Studies that show Dr. Ohhiras probiotics plus creating better endurance, increased hemoglobin, and faster recovery from exercise.
- The best way to make a quick salad. Check out Ross Pelton's video on YOU TUBE "Salad Buzz".