This is a great episode LIVE with Doctor Fred Pescatore.New York Times Best-Selling author most recognized for his books The A-List Diet and The Hamptons Diet
Fred Pescatore, MD, is a traditionally trained physician practicing nutritional medicine in Manhattan. He is the author of several books, including the New York Times best seller The Hamptons Diet and the No. 1 best-selling children’s health book Feed Your Kids Well. Prior to opening his own practice, Dr. Pescatore worked closely with the late, great Dr. Robert C. Atkins, as the Associate Medical Director of the Atkins Center for Complementary Medicine.
“Dr. Fred” is internationally recognized as a health, nutrition, and weight loss expert. He is president of the International and American Association of Clinical Nutritionists and a member of the American College for the Advancement of Medicine, and belongs to many other professional organizations.
He is a regular contributor to In Touch, US Weekly, First for Women, and Women’s World magazines. Major network television shows like Extra, The View, Rachael Ray, and Today have sought out Dr. Pescatore for his expert health advice. His practice has become a haven for the rich and famous, drawing a roster of clientele that reads like a “Who’s Who” of Hollywood’s elite.
On this episode of the "The sisterhood of SWEAT Podcast" we talked about
- What type of dieter are you?
- Why the same diet doesn't work for everyone.
- Starving yourself doesn't work long-term.
- Slow down the aging process from within.
- Create a environment for yourself that makes being healthier simple.
- Exercise - first find five minutes then make it 10 minutes
- Get the sugar out.
- Fruit and yogurt are not the answer to weight loss for peri-menopausal women.
- Ways to get enough Vitamin D.
- Listen to your body.
- Balancing hormones and the Bio-identical route.
- Gut health, yeast, leaky gut, and probiotics.
- Sitting is the new disease.
- Why you don't need to count calories.
- Dairy and your diet.
- The difference between Grass-Fed Beef and regular Beef.
- Protein structure of meat versus vegan or vegetarian alternatives.
- The best alternatives for alcohol.
- Tips for managing menopause and HRT.
- Tips for males going through Andropause.
- Getting A-Listers in shape quickly.
- Dr. Fred's special A-List Detox
- Skinny shaming and fat shaming.
- Healthy tips for eating out.
- How to feed your children.
Follow Dr. Fred Pescatore on Social media
Instagram- The official A-List Diet
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram- Dr. Fred Pescatore